For Families: Parenting CoachAs a certified Marriage and Family Therapist, Dr. Katherine Best treats couples and families facing both critical events or simply needing help with communication and learning to express love.
- Communication Strategies
- Divorce/Separation Issues
- Grief/Loss from Illness, Death, and Suicide
- Substance Abuse
- Languages of LOVE
- My approach offers a compassionate method of helping parents to clarify their values, beliefs, and priorities in raising their children.
- I work in guiding you to develop patterns of behavior that serve you, while dissolving patterns that have impeded your progress in the past.
- Detailing your unique strengths, opportunities, threats and weaknesses and assists you in establishing goals that reduce stress while cultivating the personal growth of each family member.
- Use practical solutions in transitioning your children and teens through some of the tough times of growing up, and then help them launch into adulthood.
A Systematic Approach To:
- Clarify family goals
- Identifying parental and child/teen stressors
- Communicate better & improve understanding
- Reduce the family “drama”
- Decrease destructive behaviors
- Create a loving respectful family atmosphere
- Improve coping and relaxation techniques
- Improve decision making
Parent/Child Coaching Helps
"Katherine gently guided my family back on track. Her clarity and consistent encouragement helped us set and attain goals... She is committed to helping children thrive and reach their potential." - KS, Florida